Hikes, burgers, and cookies.

Due to getting HORRIBLE sleep all night because the cats decided to stay up and mess with us all night, we slept in until almost 9 on Friday. It has been a long time since we’ve done that! We got up, and I started some dishes and made my breakfast. I had egg and banana pancakes. Today I made them with 1 egg, 1 egg white, 1 small banana, 2 tbsp pumpkin puree, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and pecans. I topped them off with some syrup.

We relaxed for a bit and then got ready for a hike. We packed PB&J sandwiches, chips, and apples to have a picnic somewhere along the trail. We set off for our somewhat long drive, and then finally arrived. We ended up doing some hiking, a long with some trail running! I didn’t hate it as much as I had expected, and if I was less set for a hike and had planned on running at all I would probably have liked it even more.

We got home and I did some yoga and used the foam roller. Afterwards I decided to get my shower in. Promptly after getting half way ready I had a vanilla almond Luna bar. They are so tasty!

After while we asked my parents to come over. We drank a couple of beers and played some Yahtzee, until it was time to leave for his dad’s house. We went down and followed them to a restaurant out by them. They had a trillion different burgers and eventually I cracked and got the Mac Daddy, a burger with pulled pork, an egg, and jalapeno straws. On the side, homemade “hot chips” which I think just had chili powder on them.

After dinner we headed back to their house and played some euchre, and other games. We didn’t get home until after midnight, had ice cream cones, and then some brownie brittle. We passed out not long after.

I woke up this morning and had only an hour and a half before leaving for work. My coffee turned out awful, and I ended up eating 2 bowls of peanut butter Puffins cereal and a piece of toast with Better’n Peanut Butter.

I left for work and just got through the day as quickly as I could. My shoulder has been hurting badly, and lots of activity makes it almost unbearable. I had a banana as a snack, and waited until my lunch and finally ate my ham and provolone sandwich with sweet potato tortilla chips. Right after lunch I ate a Luna bar.

I finally got done cleaning a ridiculous amount of hay out of a themed room, and left hastily. I met Tony at a restaurant we love and haven’t been to in a long time. Asian noodles and craft beer? Yes, please.

We got home, and instead of doing anything active like I should have, I put on some sweat pants, threw an icy hot patch on my shoulder, and relaxed. Back at it tomorrow, so I needed some rest.

We didn’t have any dessert in our house, so we ran to Jewel for some cookie dough and Reese’s. It’s been so long since I’ve had fresh cookies!

Now we’re reading some Goosebumps, back to work tomorrow.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s