January: Week 1, check!

I’m going to start off by saying I have not stuck to my weekly goals for January so far. Nothing awful, but still pretty disappointing for week number 1. Running has gone great, but I drank (only a little) on Wednesday, didn’t do abs consistently, and instead of the Women’s Workout Bible, I’ve decided to just mix up my workouts each week, using whatever I find and like. I am still going with Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday for strength training if I can.

Now, prepare for a very lengthy and detailed recap of Week 1.


did blog on Sunday, but not about my day. It was pretty uneventful. We woke up in Rockford. I had a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and 2 clementines before we headed home.

I probably could should have ran before work, but I wanted some relaxation after unpacking.

Before leaving for work I had a chicken wrap with a whole grain with flax Flat Out wrap, chihuahua cheese, and salsa with some Skinny Pop white cheddar popcorn.

Once I was off work we went straight to my parents’ house for dinner. She made chicken chili (so glad she’s back on the healthy eating train too!). I estimated the calories, and realized I still hadn’t eaten enough at all.

We went grocery shopping and when I got back I jumped on the treadmill for a quick 2.1 mile run in 20:30.

I had an apple with PB2 Greek yogurt, and later a peanut butter Fiber One bar, and STILL ended under my calories, but since my chili was estimated I’m sure it was more than I thought, so I called it a day.


I woke up bright and early, and made an egg, ham, and cheese English muffin sandwich. I lounged around and did my usual morning things, then left for work.

I felt hungry, but after a Nutri Grain bar, I headed off on a run. I did a 3.6 mile loop in 38 minutes. My first outdoor run of the year, and it wasn’t nearly as horrible as I expected… it actually went better than previous runs have been! I did 2.5 miles straight, then finished off with minimal walking afterwards.

I got home and had lunch right away, making a turkey sandwich with cheese and sriracha with cucumber on the side. Once it settled I did a lower body workout from Rebecca Louise’s channel.

I took a nice bath with the bath bomb that a friend made me for Christmas and it was wonderful, other than the lack of privacy from my cats. Once I was out of the bath, it was time for Tony to get home.

For dinner I made a shrimp stir fry roughly using this recipe, adding zucchini and a small amount of udon noodles! It turned out fantastic!

I had a bit of ice cream for dessert, and still quite a bit under my calories for the day had an apple with peanut butter later. Dinner has been a bit earlier since my lunches are typically earlier as well with my new job, so it’s hard to not eat afterwards! At least we did an ab workout!


Another work day. In the morning I had a bowl of Kashi Warm Cinnamon cereal with a piece of toast with almond butter.

I headed off to work, which was quick as usual. When I got home I made a wrap with turkey and sriracha, and had an apple and white cheddar popcorn on the side.

Once my food settled it was time for a run. I opted for the treadmill for a smaller flat run since I was sore from running hills and working my legs the day before. I did 2.25 miles in 21 minutes.

When I got home I did another Rebecca Louise video for my upper body day. She will forever be my favorite youtube fitness star! #icanfeeltheburnrebecca

After some housework I took a bath again. The chilly weather just really makes me want to sit in hot water, and it feels so good on my sore muscles. Tony got home as I finished up.

I had a banana and Fiber One bar to tie me over until dinner, and then relaxed a bit. Tony invited a friend over to play some video games, so I decided to start dinner so it could be done for us all to eat. I made chicken parmesan using panko, and whole wheat spaghetti.

Later after playing lots of games, I felt very hungry again and just ate 2 clementines! Very proud of myself, although we skipped our ab video.


I struggled to wake up and stayed in bed forever. Not working out at all for so long and then going right back into daily running kicked my ass.

When I finally got out of bed, I made Kodiak Cake pancakes and topped them with banana, cinnamon sugar, and pure maple syrup.

I didn’t work until 1, and decided to have a cross training day to take a break from running. I really wish I had an exercise bike, but I don’t so I walked. I did 3 miles of intervals in 51 minutes. The first 2 miles with an incline, the last without. I did run 2 times for very short spurts.

I showered and got ready, then made a grilled cheese sandwich with serrano ham, sour cream and onion Pop Chips, and a clementine on the side. It was time to head to work, so I grabbed an apple and headed out.

I got home, and found out that our friend who just moved into our neighborhood was having a few people over. I started some spaghetti and we had leftover chicken parmesan before leaving.

I brought a Kashi granola bar with me, and drank my light vodka with soda waters for the night. I had a killer headache from letting myself get so hungry before dinner, and made the mistake of eating several cookies that a friend had brought with her. Funny how liquor makes food seem like less of a deal. We got home and got in bed, skipping abs once again.


Once again, I worked at 1, so I stayed in bed late. I ate Kashi oat flakes with blueberry cluster cereal with a piece of toast with jelly for breakfast.

After my coffee I started a leg workout, and afterwards left for my run. This was the best run I’ve had in MONTHS! I finished 4.15 miles in 42:46, not taking a walking break until 3.42 miles in, then after a brief walk, running the rest straight! It felt good, but I’m trying not to get false hope for future runs.

I got home and did some dishes before showering and getting ready to go to work. I made a turkey sandwich with sriracha and had popcorn and cucumber on the side.

I grabbed a Nutri Grain bar and left for work. Once again, it went quickly, and I got home at the same time as Tony. We watched TV for a bit and then I started dinner. I made shrimp tacos with cilantro avocado slaw using Bolthouse’s cilantro avocado yogurt dressing and cilantro lime rice. We topped everything with Frontera’s Mango Key Lime salsa. So good, and easy!

We watched a ton of Making a Murderer on Netflix, then in between episodes did an ab video. I still hadn’t eaten enough for the day, so I made a bowl of oatmeal and added a tablespoon of peanut butter, half a tablespoon of chocolate chips, and a truvia packet. Much more filling than ice cream! We watched more Netflix, then finally called it a night.


I woke up when Tony left for work, and tried to sleep more, but felt too awake (unexpected). I finally got up and did my first weigh in of my new start. I wasn’t thrilled, but I’m sure it was much worse last weekend. It’s my starting point, and my goal is to reach my goal weight of 130 again before March!

I got into my workout clothes, so I had no excuses of being lazy after breakfast and coffee. I had an English muffin egg, cheese, and turkey sandwich and a clementine, then drank my coffee while browsing online.

I lounged around for way too long. It being Friday AND my day off really made me want to be lazy and have the day off! I started up yet another Rebecca Louise workout, and got right to it! After completing that I did 5 minutes of a 10 minute ab video, and got ready to get out and run in the rain!

I went to one of my favorite paths and jumped right in. I didn’t take any walking breaks, and ended at 3.1 miles in 32 minutes. I’m finally seeing progress and I love it!

I had a lot of shopping to do, and then lots of cleaning and organizing when I got home. Before I started everything I had a ham sandwich with cheese and put baked Cheddar & Sour Cream Ruffles on it. After taking a long shower, I got to work!

2 long hours later I finished everything and finally got to sit down! I watched some Criminal Minds, and before long Tony was on his way home.

We sat and watched Making a Murderer until it came time to start dinner. His dad and his girlfriend came over and we hung out, drank and ate. I made one of our favorites, Turkey Chili Mac. We played some games and then they went home, leaving us to binge watch a bit more of the show. I am so proud, I didn’t snack before bed and actually ended up still having a deficit for the day!


Finally, a day to lay in bed together and not wake up and get ready right away. Once we got up, I made myself a waffle and we sat and ate and drank our coffee together. We both had runs to do, so we got ready and headed out before the rain!

This run wasn’t quite up there with the rest of the week’s. My legs felt like Jell-O and I just wasn’t feeling it. I ended at 3.9 miles in just under 42 minutes, and lounged around and had a granola bar before jumping in the shower.

I got a text from my tattoo artist letting me know we could start early, so I got ready and had a quick turkey sandwich and headed down to the shop!

I’m sooooo happy with how it turned out! I plan on getting more tattoos from all of the trips we take together, and this one is from Colorado, actually drawn somewhat from the mountain range you can see from Breckenridge.

We got home and watched more Making a Murderer, and then grabbed beers and headed over to our friend’s house. We played lots of games, drank lots of beers, had lots of snacks, and had some pizza. We headed over to the bar down the street where my friend bartends and ate more pizza and drank more beer.

I definitely let go just a bit yesterday, more than I would have liked to, but less than I previously did. I tracked everything as well as I could, and will return to eating healthily today and on into the new week!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s